Any respectable retail pharmacy in New York City, New York knows that getting a full night’s rest is just one of the many important components of remaining in excellent health. Increasing scientific evidence shows that missing out on a good night’s sleep on a frequent basis has serious implications on a person’s well-being, as it lowers their concentration and puts them at a greater risk of having severe medical conditions. Despite this, the Mental Health Foundation reported that at least one in every three people often has to endure sleep deprivation or inadequate sleep as a result of aches and pains, among other factors.
If you are one of the unlucky individuals who suffer from poor-quality or lack of sleep, why not take note of the following tips from our pharmacists at West Side Pharmacy?
- Time your medications right. If you need to use durable surgical supplies in New York, we recommend that you make use of them only upon your doctor’s instructions.
- Don’t take sleeping pills too often, as there might come a time that you will become entirely dependent on them. Most sleeping tablets mask the real problem instead of tackling it.
- Try replacing your mattresses every seven years, as recommended by the Sleep Council. Everyone’s needs change as time passes by, so what may be comfortable for your bones and joints before may not work anymore now.
- Practice mindful meditation. In a study published by Harvard Medical School back in 2015, focusing on the present moment and on one’s breathing can significantly reduce fatigue, depression, and insomnia. Mindfulness can also help you break away from thoughts of pain and other worries.
- Observe good sleep hygiene. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests adopting good sleep habits such as sleeping at the same time every night and waking up at the same time every morning and removing electronic devices from your sleeping area.